[time-nuts] Thunderbolt oven / non-stable operating temperature

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Dec 11 17:11:21 UTC 2012

Hi

The only place the sensor *might* be used is during holdover. There is no
practical reason to use it while the TBolt is locked to GPS.

*If* it's used in holdover, it gets "trained" by watching the control
voltage and the temperature while the beast is locked to GPS. That
information is then used when it goes into holdover to improve time drift
while in holdover.

The first test would be to put one in holdover and see if the DAC voltage
changes at all while it's there. If it changes, the next step would be to
see if the change is simply a function of time (= aging correction).

Bob