[time-nuts] MT3339 PA6H and Racal Dana GPIB, update

Fabio Eboli FabioEb at quipo.it
Wed Dec 12 20:41:32 UTC 2012

Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us> ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> 20 hours should be 20*60*60 = 72000 samples. The graphs appear to show about
> 17,000 samples.

Hello Bob,
unfortunately I'm not logging all the pps
samples, I'm picking one sample every about
4 pulses, because I'm triggering the counter
and waiting 4s before reading the result.
So these are not consecutive pps periods.

See my previous message of 11-Dec 23:36.

Here I have two main problems I will try to
solve for now:
- I have to understand how to sync the logging
script to the counter, so I can read all the values.
- The counter cannot read every pps in period
mode, but one every two, so I will try
to use the start-stop method, since this
FE5680 frequency is fortunately very close
to the mark.

> If the results do cover a 20 hour period and do not have drift removed,
> that's a good FE5680. 1.4x10^-14 is an amazing number for one of those.
>
> Bob

Sorry, here I don't follow you, maybe my graph
is misleading, or I'm not understanding, but I
see that the FE5680 frequency seem wrong by 3x10^-10
and goes up and down by 3 to 4x10^-10, it's not
thermoregulated but simply mounted on an aluminium
plate, into a room not thermoregulated.

Fabio