[time-nuts] Comparing PPS from 2 GPS units

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Dec 13 11:52:11 UTC 2012

Hi

The easy way to take care of the problem is to program one of them with a cable delay of around 500 ns. The GPS should not be outside +/-100 ns, so that's plenty of room for a start / stop to occur. Of course that assumes that the GPS has a programable cable delay setting.

A 500 foot spool of cheap coax from the local big box store would be the other answer. You may need to fiddle a little with the terminations on it. Some of the cheap coax really isn't quite the impedance you would think from the "75 ohm coax" label on it ….

Bob