[time-nuts] Comparing PPS from 2 GPS units

Robert LaJeunesse rlajeunesse at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 13 18:16:27 UTC 2012

The indicated delay box is an unpowered device intended for timing composite
video and fine-tuning for color burst phase match. As such they are analog in
and out, require / expect defined source and load impedances (typically 75
Ohms), are slightly lossy, and 100% passive. I suspect they are pure
LC (ignoring the fact that all real inductors have some R as well).  I would
expect stability in the low ns range, as more than a few degrees of color
subcarrier shift shows up on NTSC.

Bob LaJeunesse