[time-nuts] Cell timing error

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Dec 15 23:25:11 UTC 2012

Hi

There are a *lot* of layers between the base station and the phone it's self when it comes to the time that's displayed. There also are a *lot* of opportunities  for error as each layer is linked together. Often when you see "Verizon" you are actually connected to "Bob's Cell Phone Tower".  Bob may or (may not) be very careful about linking all the layers together.

Best bet, use something like an NTP client, that goes *around* all the network "stuff".

Bob