[time-nuts] Z3805A cooling requirements?

Volker Esper ailer2 at t-online.de
Sun Dec 16 13:57:29 UTC 2012

It's the same as with the SR620 TIC. As long as you have only one common
chamber for all parts, you have to make tradeoffs for everyone:
the power supply needs cooling (as much as it can get), the control loop
of the oven is not designed for additional cooling, and comparators and
further electronics don't need extremely low but stable temperatures,
that means no air flow.

If you are ready for a change of your mechanical design, (e.g. placing a
fan at/in the case), place a(n) (isolating) sheet between oven and
switching supply, then cool the supply bricks abundantly. Make sure that
the air flow of your fan does not penetrate the seperate oven chamber.

Arranging for a seperate chamber for your oven keeps the natural air
flow due to convection undisturbed.

I guess, placing the additional sheet shouln't be too much of work.

Volker