[time-nuts] OT: Question on dead HP34401

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Tue Dec 18 09:27:12 UTC 2012

> You tie the reset through a 1 K r to vcc and you still see
> the reset signal?

Yes!

> And you do not see the 7 Khz coming from
> the switching regulator??

No, it is clearly the line that has its source in the LM2925 5V regulator.
Note however it MAY BE that an active reset behind the lowpass is an allowed
condition even if it does not originate from the LM2925. The 1 K may be kind
of "decoupling" allowing the micro to reset itself AND U501 on its own, say
watchdog or, without being "shorted" by the LM2925. So the fact that there
are reset pulses not coming from the LM2925 are not as spectacular as the
question WHY they are there.

Best regards
Ulrich Bangert