[time-nuts] Z3805A cooling requirements?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Dec 20 02:28:15 UTC 2012

Bob,

I did the test with my 53132A as a fan blowing on the 10811 after removing
the shielding and letting it stabilize first. The rate of flow from the
counter  is actually not very strong, but the effects are massive.

Attached are the results, and they speak for themselves. There is an ADEV
plot with the unit inside the foil insulation without airflow showing  a
very nice 1E-012 to 2E-012 stability all the way up to 100s, then  the ADEV
with airflow on the unit, as well as 10 minutes worth of frequency  plot while
inside the airflow. The ADEV is about 10x worse at around 100s and  pretty
much goes straight up at intervals greater than 2 seconds.

This result is in line with our DOCXO oven tests we had done some years
ago. QED.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 12/19/2012 16:48:44 Pacific Standard Time, lists at rtty.us