[time-nuts] NMEA Software

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Dec 20 22:05:41 UTC 2012

I have an Outback S-Lite tractor GPS with a serial port with NMEA.
Is there ready-to-use software to read out in lat/long
from this port?  Maybe I can talk to it with hyperterminal
and make it just keep sending lat/long once per second or
something.  Is there a command set?

I'd like to use this for laying out antennas, etc. (ie surveying).

Rick Karlquist N6RK