[time-nuts] Questions about TAC frontend, and some measurements

Fabio Eboli FabioEb at quipo.it
Sun Dec 23 13:37:08 UTC 2012

Il 2012-12-23 11:36 Bruce Griffiths ha scritto:
> The simulation indicates that the TAC capacitor charging current is
> far from constant whilst charging.
> This is due to the use of saturated switches rather than current
> steering switches.
> The capacitor charging current is poorly controlled.
> So in this respect your circuit fails miserably.

So if I'm understanding correctly, the non linearity is due
to the uncontrolled current flowing from the collectors to
the bases of saturated transistors, that changes the magnitude
of charging current in uncontrolled way.
I was trying to use a sungle supply, but now I'm starting to
see the limits of my implementations.

Fabio.