[time-nuts] New to Time Synching hardware - needing some advice

Roy B saskaroy at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 27 17:52:41 UTC 2012

Hello

I am new to time synching hardware but have done Linux NTP so I have a little experience in that but I need some advice for a different project.

I have a PC running Linux that I would like to have on a stable time with roughly 10 millisecond accuracy however this machine is located in a place where it cant get network, GPS, or radio signals.

Is there something like an Atomic Clock that I could set to the correct time over radio/gps/network and then take this box to the PC?

Anything that I have looked at just assumes that you have a continuous outside connection from somewhere.
Roy