[time-nuts] ensemble oscillators for better stability

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 30 04:59:07 UTC 2012

I think the key is to always obtain the best oscillator/s possible.
Combining oscillator for lower Phase Noise does work but with
diminishing returns. If I am not mistaken 2 perfectly matched phase
locked oscillators can theoretically lower Phase Noise 3dB, four can
lower Phase Noise another 3dB etc. Dual oscillators in Cross Correlated
measurements will also produce a 3dB theoretical reduction in a Phase
Noise measurement system.

Thomas Knox