Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Dec 31 16:13:39 UTC 2012

On 31/12/12 16:56, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> I suspect that your ion standard will have some issues from magnetic field. Quartz it's self has no magnetic sensitivity. Most atomic gizmos have sensitivity as part of their basic physics.

All atomic clocks that I know of have this sensitivity.
One strategy is to look at the side-band features and steer the C-field
accordingly. The dynamic range needed after my-metal shield(s) might be
something to consider. Helmholtz coils might be applied, as it has been
in early stages of research.

Cheers,
Magnus