[time-nuts] FE5682A inside pics

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Mon Dec 31 16:49:35 UTC 2012

Hi Fabio,

A few years ago I got one of the programmable FE5680 units.  It included
the same small, square board that I can see in your pictures.  Only 3
wires:  red, black, and orange.  My unit didn't have any EFC control.
On a hunch, I checked the orange wire and found that it was the EFC
lead.  By disconnecting it and injecting a DC voltage into the main
board, I could adjust the frequency of the oscillator over a range of
about +- 1.5 e-9 (i.e. 1.5 ns on the 1 PPS output) for a 0 - 5 volt input.

Ed