[time-nuts] GPS SDR (was: FE-.5680A trimming resolution)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Feb 1 18:18:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 12:43:55 -0500
"Bob Camp" <lists at rtty.us> wrote:

> My guess is that the reality of parts sourcing will quickly get us right
> back to the "group buy of LEA-6T" topic.

As i just wrote in reply to Chris Albertson, sourcing is not really
an issue, as long as you don't strive for highly specialized GPS devices.
But you will not get your hands on those anyways ;-)

But nevertheless... any home brew GPS receiver will be more expensive
than comercial timing module. Even if you pay the ultra high single
piece penalty.

That said. I've contacted u-blox, but got a number that is way out of
what i've expected (approx 120CHF). I'm currently trying to get a lower
price.

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?