[time-nuts] Fluke 845A/845AB manual available (interim pdf)

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Sun Feb 5 12:09:44 UTC 2012

Several months ago I said that if I received scans of the pages that
are missing from the Fluke 845A/AB manual that is posted to the Fluke
web site (and other places), I would assemble a complete manual and
upload it to Didier's site.  Through the generosity of another list
member, I received all but one of the missing pages (thus the version
I have right now is designated interim).

What I have at this point is a version of the manual with a
placeholder for the missing p. 4-1.  To reduce the size for
e-mailing, I also removed section 7 to make it smaller (all Section 7
contains is a one-page list of general test equipment terms and
abbreviations and an 8 page list of federal supply codes for
component manufacturers).

The interim manual contains the 1990 errata/changes and the 1993
announcement of the further change to FET choppers (no details, just
the announcement and a promise to update the manual Real Soon
Now).  It also contains two copies of the schematic, one on four 8.5
x 11 sheets and one on two 11 x 17 sheets.  Both schematics are
marred by the same prominent tape line (in the original scan), as can
be seen in the version at the Fluke site.

I now have an original hard copy of the schematic, and plan to have
it scanned full size (11 x 34).  Hopefully, someone will also send me
a scan of p. 4-1.  When I have both, I will put together a final
version and post it to Didier's site.

In the meantime, I will be happy to send a copy of the interim
version to anyone who needs it now, on the condition that recipients
NOT post it on the web (to avoid proliferating yet another partial
version).  It is about 2.5 MB, so make sure your incoming mail server
will accept attachments that size.  If you don't really need it now,
please wait until the final version is posted for download.  (The
interim version is perfectly usable, but the final version will be
larger and of higher quality throughout since I won't compress it as
much for uploading/downloading as I have for e-mailing.)

Best regards,

Charles