[time-nuts] Morion MV89 output level?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 17:18:49 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Sam <lists at digitalelectric.com.au> wrote:
> ...but as Tom has mentioned some MV89A's develop
> a dry joint around the output bypass capacitor....

Now that I think of it, it is surprising to me that OCXOs even work.
About the worst thing you can do to kill the reliability of
electronics is  store and operate it inside a heated oven.  Cracks in
solder joints are the kind of thing you'd expect after many thermal
cycles

One question:  I was thinking about buying one of these MV89As.   Are
they the best of the $25 OCXOs for short to medium term phase
noise/stabilty.   Trimble, Isotherm and others are all about the same
price on eBay.  How to decide which to get?

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California