[time-nuts] PTS synthesizers

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Fri Feb 10 00:30:31 UTC 2012

The pin-outs are the same on the BCD input connector, but how the
high-order controls map differs between models.

For example, the PTS-160 doesn't use the 4-bits for 100 MHz, but rather
takes input on the 10 MHz bits up to a value of 16. The PTS-250 does use
the 100 MHz bits, with values of 0, 1, or 2 as possibilities. One might
expect the PTS-160 to respond to 0 or 1 on the 100 MHz inputs, but that
isn't the way it is designed.