[time-nuts] Morion MV89A pics

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Feb 13 17:10:04 UTC 2012

Hi

A double oven should be one oven inside another oven. To count as an oven,
you need a surface to heat, heaters, a temp sensor, and a controller.
Insulation also comes in handy. You can indeed to multi zone heaters, but
that's not the way a double oven works.

The enclosure in the MV89 pictures should be the outer oven. Inside that
there likely is another set of heaters and past that the crystal. The
enclosure appears to be soldered shut. Further investigation is likely to
trash the unit. Of course if somebody has one they hooked up backwards on
the supply...

Bob