[time-nuts] FE-5680A Schematics (v0.1)
lists at rtty.us
Wed Feb 15 17:53:19 UTC 2012
Some of the schematic is less important for "how it works" but all of it is
useful for troubleshooting. I wonder if splitting off stuff like tracing out
the power supplies and heaters might be a good idea...
Once we get into things like typical voltage levels, we will need to look at
multiple units anyway.
From: time-nuts-bounces at febo.com [mailto:time-nuts-bounces at febo.com] On
Behalf Of Elio Corbolante
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:31 PM
To: time-nuts at febo.com
Subject: [time-nuts] FE-5680A Schematics (v0.1)
at the following address:
you will find the 0.1 release of the FE-5680A schematics.
- pinout of the unpopulated (24 pin) connector (J9) behind the DB9
- connections between CPU/MAX3232 and the *TWO* serial ports!!!
- component values of the 10MHz filter + option on PCB to output a square
10MHz wave on DB9
- connections between CPU and MAX1246 (A/D converter)
- connections between XC9572 and MAX392 (quad analog switch)
- unknown pins marked as '?'
As you can see, it seems FE-5680A fully supports 2 serial ports:
one on DB9 and the other one on the unpopulated connector (J9) behind DB9.
Any comments/suggestions are welcome.
time-nuts mailing list -- time-nuts at febo.com
To unsubscribe, go to
and follow the instructions there.
More information about the time-nuts