[time-nuts] nanoseconds in the news

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 22:20:07 UTC 2012

Obviously no one is thinking big enough.
A hyper-super computer on either side of the Atlantic could run a model
of each of the stock markets which could be synchronised by frequent
data transfer.
The learning power of these models would be very great, and they
could deliver a real-time
estimate of the other markets that would be hundreds of milliseconds
better that neutrinos.
The long term veracity of these computers could not be doubted, the
noise in short terms
would be continually reduced.
A system like GPS could be used to synchronise them so they could
give nanosecond response.

Would that not be great for huge spikes!

cheers,
Neville Michie