[time-nuts] FE-5680A firmware dump

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Fri Feb 17 11:06:24 UTC 2012

OK, then maybe there are ROM bank switching as the MCS51 can't execute
beyon the 64K limit. It can be very challenging to follow a code that jumps
between 64K ROM banks. Moreover the MCS51 has to address the external RAM
by massive pointer use (the famous MOVX @DPTR,A and MOVX A, at DPTR
instructions) beyond the 256byte internal easier to address RAM. Yes, you
need a good disassembler, aware of bank switching and massive pointer use.