[time-nuts] How best to exchange Large files?

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Tue Feb 21 01:50:31 UTC 2012

>> Time-nuts are welcome to use:
>>
>>  http://www.c-c-i.com/exchange/
>>
>> to exchange files.
>>
>> As the name says, the page is there to exchange files.  The normal
>> use
>> would be to upload your file, tell people about it, let them
>> download it,
>> then delete it.
>>
>> Please note that the page is completely public.  Anyone that knows
>> about
>> it (not many folks, actually) can see your files, download them, and
>> delete them.
>>
>> Note the restriction on file types.  Zip, gz, and tgz, among others,
>> are
>> supported.
>>
>> I would ask that after you have made a file available for a
>> reasonable
>> time that you go to the page and delete it. If you only want to make
>> the
>> file available to one person, ask them to delete it after they
>> download
>> it.
>>
>> If a file remains there more than a few weeks I may delete it.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> Bob Smither, PhD    Circuit Concepts, Inc.
>
> Bob, Thanks for the upload space, but when I go there, I don't see a
> box to
> enter the name of the file that I want to download, not a button to
> push
> that lets me download it.  All I see on the page is a button to
> delete a
> file, a Browse box and button to upload a file.  What am I doing
> wrong?

Thanks for the fix, Bob.
All I was seeing earlier were the column headings and a delete button, not a
list of files available to download (perhaps because there weren't any files
yet posted and available for download?).
I understood how to upload a file.. .just wasn't clear how to specify and
download a file.

Cheers,
Dave M
A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is
the beginning of a new argument.