[time-nuts] ebay warning

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 21:39:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Steve <steve-krull at cox.net> wrote:
> Be cautious when straying off the tourist track over there. The Silk Market in Beijing for example. Showing interest in knock-off Rolex's in one stall

I bought a knock-off Rolex.  But not exactly there.   The seller was
careful and kept them in the back.  They had several different grades.
 He started at the top with one that looked OK but I wanted an obvious
fake.

At first China only offered low skill, low wage assembly line type
labor.  But now they graduate more engineers than the US does each
year.   We (in the US) are on the wrong end of an "education gap".
This happened with Japan years ago.

Look at ham radio in China.  Here is it for the most part old men who
remember the days of vacuum tubes and CW.   In China it is a hobby for
the young middle class, mostly trained engineers.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California