[time-nuts] How best to exchange Large files?

ehydra ehydra at arcor.de
Tue Feb 21 23:28:34 UTC 2012

David schrieb:
> I used Bittorrent last time to do this because of the ease and
> reliability factor.  There is no resuming since it does not work that
> way and the whole process was just set and forget.  HTTP and FTP can
> usually resume aborted transfers as well but require explicit support
> from both sides and in practice, we had problems with corruption. With
> a file download service, the problem would have been resuming aborted
> uploads.

I'm a little confused. Does utorrent can work in a private mode? So I
send a magnet link to the consumer and he can connect to my utorrent
client? Does utorrent work as a server?

Looks to me that there are different torrent protocols? I never
investigated it.

If it works it looks like the simplest way.

- Henry

--
ehydra.dyndns.info