[time-nuts] Any spare switches for Racal-Dana 1992?

Stan Searing timenutstan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 15:53:46 UTC 2012

The switches I've replaced in my Dana 1990 failed with the rubber cracking
around the
part that provides the "spring".  I think the first one that failed was
shorted (which caused
me to think that the processor was confused, as no other buttons worked
until I found
the one stuck down).  So at least in my case, the conductive rubber did not
need restoring,
and the rubber keypad repair kits would not help.
I have use the P12227SCT-ND switches from DigiKey and cut flutes into the
round
shaft with a Dremel.  The switch buttons rotate freely with these switches,
so
you have to line them up carefully before putting the panel back on the PCB.

Stan