[time-nuts] Lady Heather on low power CPU/Linux?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Feb 22 23:56:00 UTC 2012

FWIW, I'm running an Atom D510 motherboard with an 8 port serial card.
I'm using Windows 7 and VNC for remote access (the machine runs
headless).  I am regularly running LH v3 beta, TimeLab (reading PPS data
from a TIC), TAC32, and GPSCon each on its own serial port
simultaneously without any problems.  I normally only have two of the
apps maximized, but don't see any significant lags.

The only problem I've had was the dreaded Microsoft
serial-mouse-on-bootup issue.  If you think it's fun watching one
phantom mouse scribbling on your screen, wait until you try it with
four!   (BTW -- apparently, under Win7 the old switch to turn of serial
mouse detection no longer works; all you can do is go into the control
panel mouse settings and disable each phantom serial mouse separately.)

John
----