[time-nuts] Schematic capture, anyone?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 00:46:26 UTC 2012

Nowadays you can simply download the design software for free from the fab
houses.

Try PCB 123 from sunstone.com

Good shop, reasonable prices for quick protos.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 2/23/2012 16:39:12 Pacific Standard Time, jxh at jxh.com
writes:

What do  people use these days for schematic capture (and just possibly PCB

layout), for low-budget homebrew stuff?  It's been so long since I  did
this, I
still own a T-square and a pile of contemporary relics like  rules and
triangles.
I'll get out my pencil sharpener if I have  to.  But really, this must be a
solved problem by now.  For less  than $300?  I only need TTL, not
striplines or
any black magic like  that.

I'm a Mac shop, but can of course run Windows if need be.   And to make
matters
worse, I prefer ANSI logic symbology over  shovels-and-spades (or, really,
over
plain rectangles where you're  expected to know what the part number
means).
This comes from exposure to  Control Data, who were big on it back in the
day.  I
even used to be  on the mailing list of the standards committee.  I suppose
that
all  sank without a trace?  If it's still controversial, I apologize in
advance
for  trolling.