[time-nuts] Schematic capture, anyone?

ken johnson bats059 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:42:17 UTC 2012

Hi Jim, for many years (over 20) I have used protel (now altium)
autotrax- not that I am recommending it to you, but it is a very
simple and intuitive program to use and I base my opinion of all the
others on it. All the more modern ones I have tried are, for the most
part, from fairly, to extremely, counter-intuitive.
Until I came across Target 3001.

http://server.ibfriedrich.com/wiki/ibfwikien/index.php?title=Main_Page

 It took me only a an hour or so to produce my first board with the
free version using the autorouter and schematic capture, which for me
is a very short learning curve! What I was also impressed with is the
3d image of the board which you can rotate to check component
clearances, etc.

Like Bruce, I persevered with eagle for a while, even got some boards
out if, but it was bloody hard work, and about as counter-intuitive as
they come so I gave up on that.

Having said all that, load 'em all on your machine and have a play-
different strokes for different folks.

--
Cheers, Ken
vk7krj at users.tasmanet.com.au
www.vk7krj.com

'It seems hard to sneak a look at God's cards. But that He plays dice and uses
"telepathic" methods .... is something that I cannot believe for a single
moment.'     (Einstein's famous quote on Quantum theory)