[time-nuts] Fwd: FE-5680A Contact FEI

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Feb 27 09:01:39 UTC 2012

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 01:07:04 -0500
Peter Gottlieb <nerd at verizon.net> wrote:

> Do you believe there may be a problem for those who are
> reverse-engineering, and posting on the open net, items which may be
> covered under these regulations?

Not unless you live in the US. Then you are bound by the laws
of your country. But then again, most of the stuff we deal with
is not of clasified nature, it's just that the companies who work
in the arms, military and defense business are paranoid. Checking
each bit of information whether it would be export restricted or not
would mean a lot more work than just to declare everything as classified.

That in the long term they hurt themselves by this is an other issue
and because it cannot be numberd in $$$ for this quaters budget, not
of the concern of those who decide such policy.

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?