[time-nuts] VK4GHZ Thunderbolt Monitor and Commander

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 03:52:40 UTC 2012

I'm (slowly) working on one based on Arduino.  No plan to use anything
like four screens.  I think the way to go is one but with a rotary
knob so you can scroll and click the knob to make menu selections.
But then for even less cost you can make it web based.  You save the
cost and size of the display and control it with an iPhone or the
like.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 7:20 PM, James Robbins <jsrobbins at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Just wanted to mention a terrific Thunderbolt Monitor design by VK4GHZ Adam
> Maurer (http://www.vklogger.com/forum).  It monitors the Thunderbolt output
> on 4 screens (4x20 display) so no computer hookup is necessary to follow the
> GPS.  A companion "Commander" makes use of a PICAXE to cause the Thunderbolt
> to initiate various functions such as a survey or change from 3D to over
> determined, among others.  Adam sells the Monitor unit assembled and tested,
> while the Commander is easily "home brewed".  He's done a great job.
>
> Jim Robbins
> N1JR

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California