[time-nuts] HBG clocks

Murray Greenman denwood at orcon.net.nz
Sun Jan 1 17:20:17 UTC 2012

Marco,
I have had an HBG-controlled clock for some years. Not that it ever received
HBG at this range! The clock is an 'Irox HB13P' projection clock, and has
the logo 'Official Swiss Time' on the front, which you can clearly see at
http://www.irox.com/Web/en/Products/Archive/HB13P.htm.

The user manual describes that it is controlled by HBG, which it checks once
per hour. On the company's web site,
http://www.irox.com/Web/en/Products/Clocks.htm, my clock is no longer listed
as current, and I note that all the current models with LF receivers are
quoted as DCF77 models.

The HB13P is no great timekeeper on its own without HBG. I have to manually
change it for daylight saving every 6 months, and each time I do I have to
also advance it several minutes. So clearly it has an offset of around
10ppm, never mind how much it varies with temperature.

73,
Murray ZL1BPU