[time-nuts] Thunderbolt? (re simple gpsdo.) >> capacitors

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Jan 3 17:57:50 UTC 2012

Hi

No argument there, but this thread has wandered a bit.

If you are depending on the capacitor to provide a specific time constant,
then you will have issues. If the control loop is not impacted by the
changes, then they will track out. Often it's not quite an either / or, but
a some of this and some of that.

In any case the noise created by the leakage current in an electrolytic will
be an issue outside the loop bandwidth and only will be reduced by the
available gain...

Bob