[time-nuts] FE-5680A performance

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Thu Jan 5 05:33:53 UTC 2012

> Hi Graham,
>
> the TSC5125A has auto-scaled the plot to 2E-04Hz fractional frequency
from
> 10MHz, or in other words one vertical division is 2E-011 at 10MHz, or  20
> parts per trillion, or 0.0002Hz error.
>
> I also don't like the way the TSC shows the frequency, and the fact that
> you can only capture about 9 minutes of information for some reason. Why
> not
> show 24 hours or 48 hours of data here?

Grab the latest release from www.miles.io/timelab/readme.htm if you like --
it will acquire from the TSC 5125A for as many hours/days as the TSC's
Ethernet connection will stay up.  (Which sometimes isn't very long.)

TimeLab generates its frequency-difference plot from the acquired phase
data, so it will give you various display and filtering options that the
5125A itself will not.

-- john
Miles Design LLC