[time-nuts] Thermal insulation choice?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 22:51:08 UTC 2012

I'm planning to do it a little different.  I'll mount the FE5680 on a
heat sink and put that inside a metal box.  The I drill a hole in the
center of the heat sink and epoxy in a temperature sensor.  These
produce a voltage proportional to temperature and will control a small
fan.   The moving air will be in the lower part of the box separate
from the Rb oscillator

Once for another project I use  a TEC (aka Peltier Device)  The
peltier did the fine tuning.  They are not hard to use at all.  But
you need a few amps of DC current and a controller.   You can get to
0.1C this way.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California