[time-nuts] Thermal insulation choice?

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 14:06:14 UTC 2012

You could make a form (a mold) with cardboard and use a can of polyurethane insulation to fill it with your OCXO inside (protected by a plastic bag) like the "foam-in-place" principle. It will be exactly the size you want, pretty stiff, strongly bonded to the cardboard, so it will be easy to mount things on it if needed and with a minimum number of seams.

It may be more work than cutting sheets of styrofoam though.

Didier KO4BB