[time-nuts] Temperature and signal amp for 'Bay FE-5680A?

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 17:53:02 UTC 2012

The FD-5680A specifications say the output is a 0.5 V RMS sine wave
into 50 ohms so there are lots of options if that is the signal you
want to distribute.

There are a number of medium power operational amplifiers specified
for video applications which will operate at a gain of 2 allowing back
termination without signal loss while driving several 50 ohm loads in
parallel.  Most will be current feedback but there are a few voltage
feedback ones as well.  If you use low supply voltages, then you will
need to watch the input common mode voltage range and output voltage
range.  AC coupling will make that easy.

http://www.linear.com/product/LT1206

This amplifier is lower output current but operated at lower supply
voltages as well.  I might try it with an emitter follower buffer.

http://www.linear.com/product/LT1192

Since you are dealing with just a low level sine wave, a single
transistor amplifier for each channel would work fine as well.

I would probably convert the sine wave into a logic level square wave
and maybe use some 50 ohm interface drivers.