[time-nuts] Question re neutrinos and GPS

Javier Serrano javier.serrano.pareja at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 13:02:32 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 15:55:12 -0800
> "Tom Van Baak" <tvb at LeapSecond.com> wrote:
>
>> Hopefully all this GPS-neutrino talk will calm down when other methods
>> to validate the synchronization of the clocks at CERN and LNGS are
>> done (e.g., direct fiber or traveling Cs clocks).
>
> According to [1] they already did that.
>
>                        Attila Kinali
>
> [1] http://arxiv.org/abs/1109.4897

No, we have not made any serious attempt at cross-checking the GPS
time transfer system with something which is *independent* of GPS. We
are currently planning for the Spring, along three lines:
- Traveling Cs.
- Direct fiber connection.
- Two Way Satellite Time Transfer (TWSTT).

You can see the archives at
http://www.ohwr.org/mailing_list/show?project_id=cngs-time-transfer
for details.

Cheers,