[time-nuts] Z3801A EFC error

Said Jackson saidjack at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 20:50:58 UTC 2012

I found the gt74 gps to be lacking in performance in my Z3815. Sorry, no data sheet for it.

I simply cut the 1pps output cable, and spliced a ublox receiver 1pps output into it. Then I split the antenna feed to both gps and found 3.3V somewhere for the ublox gps.

Works like a charm, z3815 firmware is happy talking to the Furuno, but timing and sensitivity is much better now from the ublox.. Even with a navigation receiver. Sorry, don't remember what pins where 1pps or power, but that's easy to find with a multimeter.

Btw: the Z3815 output is very noisy for some reason. Hp did not do a good job on utilizing the E1938 performance here...

Said