[time-nuts] Trimble GPS antenna preamp, anyone know the gain?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 01:44:32 UTC 2012

I bought a pair of in-line Trimble amplifiers but I can't find any specs.
 Anyone know the gain?

They are in a machined stainless steel box with two "N" connectors.
 Trimble sells them bundled with a long antenna cable so that the amp (I
assume) compensates for the cable loss.   I opened one up.  I'm very sure
they are preamps intented for being in the antenna feed line.

I won these on ebay for $0.01 for the pair, $5.00 for shipping.  The seller
paid more than $5.01 for postage and lost money on the transaction.   I
bought them because even if they were dead the cases are usfull.   Now I
think I want to run one of them ahead of a passive splitter and have
multiple receivers on one antenna

Would be good to know the gain but I have no way to measure RF above about
80MHz.

Photo is still up at eBay.  See #230716274146.  Direct link is
http://tinyurl.com/8xwgpf4

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California