[time-nuts] FE-5680A arrived

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Wed Jan 11 05:30:01 UTC 2012

I confess!

I, too, could not resist the opportunity to 'commune' with the members of
the list with these Rb units.

I ordered two of the FE-5680A units ($36 ea. including shipping) from the
same supplier with amazing speed (order date 1/4, arrival date 1/9 to NW
Florida).

They were marked 'FE-5680A UN 70021' 'S/N 0405-72179' and 'FE-5680A UN
71920' 'S/N 0413-75933'.

I promptly came home, constructed a DB9 female connector, with the
connections as specified in recent postings, and both units were up and
locked with extremely close agreement with my TBolt and Z3816A in under 5
minutes.  Pin 6 had a 1 uSec wide, 5 Volt, 1 PPS, pulse.  I did not explore
pins 8 or 9, the RS232 pins.  I guess I'll have to go back through the list
to see what, exactly, I can do with these.

They, too, were packed with bubble wrap individually and then together, and
in a plain envelope that was placed in a UPS plastic envelope.  However,
they arrived without damage, and, amazingly, very promptly.

Not sure what, exactly, I will do with them yet, but they will certainly
have many possible roles.

Joe
WB4BPP