[time-nuts] FE-5680A arrived

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:17:29 UTC 2012

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 08:35:56 -0600, Bob Smither <smither at c-c-i.com>
wrote:

>Joseph Gray wrote:
>> I'm not seeing a PPS on either of these. All I see is about 17 mV P-P
>> of noise that looks like a multi-stepped sine wave. I'm using a TDS
>> 340 scope.
>
>I can see the 1 usec, 1pps on mine, but only if I use an analog storage scope.
>Although my HP54000 series scope triggers at 1PPS, for the life of me I cannot
>get it to display the 1 usec pulse :-(.

You might need to darken the oscilloscope environment or use a viewing
hood.  Some analog non-storage oscilloscopes, either because of design
or age, are not going to be able to display a short pulse at 1 second
intervals.  I tested this on my old but in good condition 2230 and it
could display it dimly in normal room light but my older worn 7603 can
not.