[time-nuts] FE-5680A Mechanical Question

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jan 12 17:18:08 UTC 2012

Hi

To find the intercept point, you need very long ADEV runs on both the OCXO
and Rb. Both should be in the "been running for a lot of days / very stable
environment" mode (you do control the local environment). Then you need the
same thing on your GPS receiver, except it should be more towards the worst
case situation (you don't control the weather / sat constellation / what
ever). Lots of data before you can begin doing loops.

Often you find that the GPS has some interesting bumps at long tau's. Twelve
hours / 24 hours / 48 hours are good places to look at. Your Rb *may* be
better than your GPS at much longer tau's than you might first think. The
same could be true of your OCXO.

Bob