[time-nuts] Z3801A's

Brad Stockdale brad at shinji.net
Thu Jan 12 19:17:50 UTC 2012

Hello all,

    A few years ago, I bought several HP Z3801A's. When they all
arrived, I added the internal jumpers for selecting between RS232 and
RS422, and connected them all to antennas and a PC to verify
functionality of the units as a whole and their timekeeping abilities.
They all worked perfect and fell well within the normal ranges of operation.

    Since then, I've had a lot of drama in my life. I've changed jobs a
couple times, moved a couple times, etc etc. Well, my life is starting
to calm down some and I'm trying to get back into my hobbies, one of
which is being a time nut.

    I'm thinking about tracking down a couple Z3815A's and possibly
other pieces of hardware to add to my collection. To fund buying the
other equipment, I was thinking about getting rid of a couple of my
Z3801A's. I usually don't like to get rid of any piece of equipment, but
if I was getting rid of one GPSDO so that I can get other related
equipment, I don't think I'd feel too much remorse.

    My question is this... What is the current market value on working
and tested Z3801A's? And for that matter, what is the usual market value
on Z3815A's? Trying to see if I can make this work somehow.

Thank you,
Brad Stockdale