[time-nuts] Lady Heather for a noob

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Jan 13 04:18:30 UTC 2012

brent.evers at gmail.com said:
> I don't know much about NTP other than pointing machines to NTP servers for
> time, but having the server side provide also be an NTP server would be the
> cats ass for me.

I think the way to do that would be to make LH use the shared-memory
interface to NTP.  (Contact me off list if anybody wants more info.  Or look
at the gpsd sources.)

Or maybe setup NTP to watch the PPS API too.  I'm not sure what happens if 2
programs are both reading the PPS API and/or if that's what LH uses so this
could be a wild goose chase.