[time-nuts] FE-5680A PPS on pin 6 (or not)

Tom Miller tmiller at skylinenet.net
Fri Jan 13 06:18:53 UTC 2012

Hello Group,

I have been lurking for a while to get a feel for the group and hope to give
back
something in return for all the good information found so far.

I have two of the FE-5680A units from the usual source. They both worked and
were much  less than 1 Hz off compared to a Trak Microwave GPSDRb house
clock. Can't say this is not one of the treasures found in modern surplus
sources.

I made one observation about the 1 PPS signal. It is not present until the
unit
achieves lock. The 10 MHz signal is there at power up.

I would be interested in using a vanilla GPS receiver that has the 1 PPS
signal
to sync up the Rb clock so I am following those threads.

Thanks much,
Tom

Message: 2