[time-nuts] FE-5680A tear down on Youtube

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Jan 13 17:50:19 UTC 2012

Hi

Interesting videos.

Answers to a couple of the questions he asks in the tear down video:

The foam is there as thermal insulation. It's not for mechanical support.

The gizmo on top of the crystal is a rapid transition thermistor. The
Russians came up with them for use in OCXO's back in the 1970's. It's there
to heat the VCXO crystal, sort of an OCXO.

Bob