[time-nuts] FE-5650A Option CPOM Information

Rich (Buckeye) kq6ef at bex.net
Sat Jan 14 01:41:21 UTC 2012

Looking for FE-5650A Rubidium Frequency Standard Information.

I have obtained a FE-5650A unit that came out a piece of equipment made
for Lucent, which I think is telco equipment. RFS Part # FE-5650A UN
62832, S/N 0404-71672 Option 5650A OPTION CPOM. The options do not match
with anything I have been able to find. The unit requires +15V and +5Vdc
on pin 4. It puts out a nice 3V pp wave form at very close to 15Mhz. I
hope I can set unit up to put out 15.1Mhz threw a doubler to get 30.2Mhz
for use with my IC-910 Radio.

Anyone have any good/bad experience with this unit.

I have been referred to the the following web page to try and program
this unit over the RS-232 interface, this manual seems to apply to the
FE-5680A series. I need to come up with a Serial TTL to RS232 converter
as I can not see anything coming out of pin 9 with my scope and the unit
does not have a Max232 chip that I can see..