[time-nuts] FE-5680A Breakout board

gonzo . cadbloke at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 15 00:56:05 UTC 2012

Hi Attila,
thanks for your comments.

On the schematic the inputs are listed as "supply" (ie. "+15V_SUPPLY" and "+5V_SUPPLY"), where as the outputs of the regs are marked with their actual voltages.
The boards silk screen on the other hand lists the inputs as 7V and 17V.

In my original post I said I'd used the LM317 from the Eagle library, but infact use the pin compatible LM1084 (Eagle doesn't know about the LM1084).
The LM1084 is a 5A device (vs 1.5A:LM317) with 1.5V LDO (vs 2.5V:LM317), so 17V is an acceptable minimum input.

Heatsinking of the LM/TS/AMS1117 is not generious and it does run hot when SJ1 is shorted and the board is running with a single supply (15V input to the 5VReg).
I have added more heatsink ares to the V1.1 board, but the '1117is rated to 800mA and is only loaded to 10% so I don't think it is a problem.

It is worth remembering that the boards I'm offering are simply the left overs from my own use (V1.0 board at least)  and was never intended to be fully idiot proof. Fortunatly, this list seems to be an idiot free corner of the internet