[time-nuts] FE-5680A Voltage tolerance

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Fri Jan 20 01:17:52 UTC 2012

I would expect the RF circuitry to handle a lower voltage without too
much trouble.  However, a lower input voltage means it will take longer
for the ovens to come up to temperature.  Until they stabilize, a lock
probably won't happen.

Once the unit has warmed up and locked, how low can you go and still
maintain lock?  As you drop the voltage, the ovens will run closer to
full on.  Once you reach the point where one or more of the ovens are
full on, further voltage reduction will quickly cause issues.

Ed